Kia ora and welcome to this week's VC.
It feels like the weeks are starting to fly by already.
I have athletics day tomorrow, but have made sure that there is time set aside for our VC. So business as usual, just don't be surprised if I am wearing a costume and face paint.
We'll have a bit of a catch up about how our weeks have gone, and what is on top for us.
So this week we will start to unpack our first module. I want us to have a look at the assignment doc, and chat about the big foci. I've called it Values and Arguments, so we'll have a chat about what the words Value and Argument mean and unpack what we are working towards - so that we are all on the same page.
I will try to give you a broad picture in as clearly as I am able to what the overall aim is.
We'll then have a look at the first part of this module (I will set mini-modules up that we will work on as a group to make sure that you are meeting the big goal of developing an argument about Renaissance Art.
I want to continue working on developing a cohesive group - so in the Google Community make a post to introduce yourself to the group (In the discussion section). Try to give us a few more details about yourself, e.g.: what is important to you, what are you passionate about, try posting a photo of something that inspires you, maybe what is on your reading list (perhaps post photos of the covers of books you have been reading recently), and anything else that you want to share about yourself.
We will have a chat as small groups in break out rooms ( a feature of zoom that I am going to try out tomorrow - fingers crossed the technology works - if not I will have to set up a google doc or some such for you to collaborate on). We need to identify what are the emerging idea threads that are developing in the ideas about art padlet. This involves reading over the posts and summarising as a group what the big ideas are, and any questions you would like to develop a bit more in the values module. You'll feed these back to the class.
Following on from this I would really like to get the class working on Knowledge Forum. Knowledge Forum is a purpose built website for collaborating and building knowledge as a group/team. It does look a little beta in its' design, but it is more powerful than Padlet once we get into the grunty idea development stage.
Not everyone is set up with a Knowledge Forum account yet, so I would like to help troubleshoot this in the VC - perhaps you were having trouble with the recapcha box not showing?
Once we are all set up on KF, I would like each group to post their summary of the big emerging ideas that have come up in the ideas about art padlet, on the values and arguments view. I will show you how to do this as a 'build on' to my existing note.
Then still in knowledge forum on the values view, we will do a little idea building about what we already know in regards to the Renaissance (important artworks, artists, people, thinkers etc). This will help me to know what kind of background you're coming at this with.
Finally if we have anytime whatsoever left, we will start investigating the Renaissance in a group research slide. What was it, who were the influential artists and patrons, and what were some of the big ideas sitting behind it? You will pick areas which you will take responsibility for researching - name your slides please.
Over the week you should:
-Watch a Renaissance documentary (Andrew Graham Dixon - Episode 2 the pure radiance of the past) See our Google community for this.
- Research aspects of the renaissance and we will have a bit of a korero next week about what we found out.
-Continue to develop our ideas about art. Hopefully we will all be set up on Knowledge Forum. If we are having technical difficulties, we'll have to stay in Padlet for now. I will make a judgement call at the end of the VC?
It feels like the weeks are starting to fly by already.
I have athletics day tomorrow, but have made sure that there is time set aside for our VC. So business as usual, just don't be surprised if I am wearing a costume and face paint.
We'll have a bit of a catch up about how our weeks have gone, and what is on top for us.
So this week we will start to unpack our first module. I want us to have a look at the assignment doc, and chat about the big foci. I've called it Values and Arguments, so we'll have a chat about what the words Value and Argument mean and unpack what we are working towards - so that we are all on the same page.
I will try to give you a broad picture in as clearly as I am able to what the overall aim is.
We'll then have a look at the first part of this module (I will set mini-modules up that we will work on as a group to make sure that you are meeting the big goal of developing an argument about Renaissance Art.
I want to continue working on developing a cohesive group - so in the Google Community make a post to introduce yourself to the group (In the discussion section). Try to give us a few more details about yourself, e.g.: what is important to you, what are you passionate about, try posting a photo of something that inspires you, maybe what is on your reading list (perhaps post photos of the covers of books you have been reading recently), and anything else that you want to share about yourself.
You will then read a couple of peoples posts (even reply with a couple of questions that you would like answered later on), then share with the group something that you have learned about another person.
We will have a chat as small groups in break out rooms ( a feature of zoom that I am going to try out tomorrow - fingers crossed the technology works - if not I will have to set up a google doc or some such for you to collaborate on). We need to identify what are the emerging idea threads that are developing in the ideas about art padlet. This involves reading over the posts and summarising as a group what the big ideas are, and any questions you would like to develop a bit more in the values module. You'll feed these back to the class.
Following on from this I would really like to get the class working on Knowledge Forum. Knowledge Forum is a purpose built website for collaborating and building knowledge as a group/team. It does look a little beta in its' design, but it is more powerful than Padlet once we get into the grunty idea development stage.
Not everyone is set up with a Knowledge Forum account yet, so I would like to help troubleshoot this in the VC - perhaps you were having trouble with the recapcha box not showing?
Once we are all set up on KF, I would like each group to post their summary of the big emerging ideas that have come up in the ideas about art padlet, on the values and arguments view. I will show you how to do this as a 'build on' to my existing note.
Then still in knowledge forum on the values view, we will do a little idea building about what we already know in regards to the Renaissance (important artworks, artists, people, thinkers etc). This will help me to know what kind of background you're coming at this with.
Finally if we have anytime whatsoever left, we will start investigating the Renaissance in a group research slide. What was it, who were the influential artists and patrons, and what were some of the big ideas sitting behind it? You will pick areas which you will take responsibility for researching - name your slides please.
Over the week you should:
-Watch a Renaissance documentary (Andrew Graham Dixon - Episode 2 the pure radiance of the past) See our Google community for this.
- Research aspects of the renaissance and we will have a bit of a korero next week about what we found out.
-Continue to develop our ideas about art. Hopefully we will all be set up on Knowledge Forum. If we are having technical difficulties, we'll have to stay in Padlet for now. I will make a judgement call at the end of the VC?
Comments
Post a Comment