Welcome to art history.
I hope that you all have years that excite and challenge you.
Please be in the Zoom meeting at 12:20. I will try to be in the meeting a little early and will keep an eye on my emails on another screen in case anyone is having trouble getting in to the meeting. Remember if the meeting doesn't load up automatically when you click on the link in your calendar you can click 'Launch meeting in browser' (or something to that effect). If you are having trouble please let me know!
The focus today will be on getting you 'orientated' to online learning and how this will work in my class, so that we are set up and ready to go with our learning
We will start with introductions. I will introduce myself to you properly, and it would be really good if you could be prepared to introduce your self (Name, School, and an interesting fact about yourself).
We'll then start to map out where we are. Follow the link to our shared class map. Hopefully we will start to see a few common connections.
I will chat to you a little bit about how learning will work in art history. It will probably be quite different from how things might work in your face to face classes and mine is a particularly collaborative discussion based course. I'll also chat a bit about general expectations in an online course.
Following on from this I would like us to indicate in this doc when our art history periods are. This is super useful for when I need to meet with you one on one, or if you want to collaborate with another student in an art history study period.
I would really like to start building connections between class members, as we need to get comfortable working with each other and sharing ideas. I have set up an icebreaker padlet for us to get to know each other in. Please respond to each question I have posted, then try to respond to what your classmates have posted. Try to view this as a digital conversation. It would be really good to see strings of posts built up, so that we start to build a real picture of who we are and possible commonalities between us.
Finally we will start open up a discussion about art. Again, we need to view this as a conversation that gets richer over time. Start by adding your ideas, then engage with each other. This could be by saying 'yes, and ...' or 'have you considered ...' or 'another perspective is ...'. Ideally we will see discussion happening between you, not monologues.
Over the week you will add to the icebreaker and art padlets. I will add questions to enrich the discussion so do check back in to them during the week.
Admin things we will try to sort out at the end of the meeting.
-Making times to catch up with me one on one (Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me as I have lots of spare periods on those days.
-Getting set up on Knowledge Forum. At this stage you just need to know how to find the site and have a go at setting up an account. Feel free to have a go at making posts. If we don't get to this during the Zoom meeting, try following the manual and getting set up with an account.
We will use this site during the year to collaborate.
I will work on getting the outline for the upcoming week up this afternoon, or on Friday morning so that you have a clear picture of what you should be focusing on initially.
I hope that you all have years that excite and challenge you.
Please be in the Zoom meeting at 12:20. I will try to be in the meeting a little early and will keep an eye on my emails on another screen in case anyone is having trouble getting in to the meeting. Remember if the meeting doesn't load up automatically when you click on the link in your calendar you can click 'Launch meeting in browser' (or something to that effect). If you are having trouble please let me know!
The focus today will be on getting you 'orientated' to online learning and how this will work in my class, so that we are set up and ready to go with our learning
We will start with introductions. I will introduce myself to you properly, and it would be really good if you could be prepared to introduce your self (Name, School, and an interesting fact about yourself).
We'll then start to map out where we are. Follow the link to our shared class map. Hopefully we will start to see a few common connections.
I will chat to you a little bit about how learning will work in art history. It will probably be quite different from how things might work in your face to face classes and mine is a particularly collaborative discussion based course. I'll also chat a bit about general expectations in an online course.
Following on from this I would like us to indicate in this doc when our art history periods are. This is super useful for when I need to meet with you one on one, or if you want to collaborate with another student in an art history study period.
I would really like to start building connections between class members, as we need to get comfortable working with each other and sharing ideas. I have set up an icebreaker padlet for us to get to know each other in. Please respond to each question I have posted, then try to respond to what your classmates have posted. Try to view this as a digital conversation. It would be really good to see strings of posts built up, so that we start to build a real picture of who we are and possible commonalities between us.
Finally we will start open up a discussion about art. Again, we need to view this as a conversation that gets richer over time. Start by adding your ideas, then engage with each other. This could be by saying 'yes, and ...' or 'have you considered ...' or 'another perspective is ...'. Ideally we will see discussion happening between you, not monologues.
Over the week you will add to the icebreaker and art padlets. I will add questions to enrich the discussion so do check back in to them during the week.
Admin things we will try to sort out at the end of the meeting.
-Making times to catch up with me one on one (Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me as I have lots of spare periods on those days.
-Getting set up on Knowledge Forum. At this stage you just need to know how to find the site and have a go at setting up an account. Feel free to have a go at making posts. If we don't get to this during the Zoom meeting, try following the manual and getting set up with an account.
We will use this site during the year to collaborate.
I will work on getting the outline for the upcoming week up this afternoon, or on Friday morning so that you have a clear picture of what you should be focusing on initially.
Comments
Post a Comment