Kia ora team,
Checking in with each other. We will spend a few minutes talking about what is happening in our worlds. We are working as a research team, and it really helps to bridge the distance if we get to know each other on a human level.
Admin: Need to join the google+ community with your NetNZ address by the end of March, or you will lose access to this in April due to new Google rules about Google+ (It is becoming education only and you need to be from the same school domain)
Also I need to set up one to one interviews with those who haven't done this yet. This is really important from my perspective, as it helps me to find out more about you as a student and how I can best support you.
Sharing, what resources have you found useful over the last week.
Today in Art History we will be sharing our research with the group (in whatever state it is currently in).
In the Google Slide we present our findings ( I will try to make a screenrecording that we can refer back to). We will also write a 'rise-above' statement (I will explain what this is.) about what we have learnt, we will also collate any questions that we have arising from our research. You'll notice that I have put questions that I have about my question in the speaker's notes under the slide, you could do this or make a note of them somewhere.
We will chat about the Andrew Graham Dixon documentary episode 'The pure radiance of the past', what did you notice, what did you learn?
In Knowledge Forum, we will check out what has been built on in the Renaissance and Values view.
We will then make a few posts:
-What did you find helpful from your research over the past week or so, and how has your understanding improved?
-What questions do you now have about the Renaissance? What do you need to understand or explore more? Make one post per question/idea that needs to be examined more.
We are then going to have a chat about some specific artworks which you will find in knowledge forum on the Renaissance Values view. We will investigate them as a group over the week. Suggested resources include the renaissance movies page on our class site, (particularly the andrew graham dixon documentaries), the late renaissance page on our class site (you will find pdfs inside the google drive folders on this page), and of course feel free to investigate other resources.
Our focus will be on how apparently contrasting Classical values and Christian values are shown in these artworks. I will explain this more in class. I look forward to seeing you all this afternoon.
Checking in with each other. We will spend a few minutes talking about what is happening in our worlds. We are working as a research team, and it really helps to bridge the distance if we get to know each other on a human level.
Admin: Need to join the google+ community with your NetNZ address by the end of March, or you will lose access to this in April due to new Google rules about Google+ (It is becoming education only and you need to be from the same school domain)
Also I need to set up one to one interviews with those who haven't done this yet. This is really important from my perspective, as it helps me to find out more about you as a student and how I can best support you.
Sharing, what resources have you found useful over the last week.
Today in Art History we will be sharing our research with the group (in whatever state it is currently in).
In the Google Slide we present our findings ( I will try to make a screenrecording that we can refer back to). We will also write a 'rise-above' statement (I will explain what this is.) about what we have learnt, we will also collate any questions that we have arising from our research. You'll notice that I have put questions that I have about my question in the speaker's notes under the slide, you could do this or make a note of them somewhere.
We will chat about the Andrew Graham Dixon documentary episode 'The pure radiance of the past', what did you notice, what did you learn?
In Knowledge Forum, we will check out what has been built on in the Renaissance and Values view.
We will then make a few posts:
-What did you find helpful from your research over the past week or so, and how has your understanding improved?
-What questions do you now have about the Renaissance? What do you need to understand or explore more? Make one post per question/idea that needs to be examined more.
We are then going to have a chat about some specific artworks which you will find in knowledge forum on the Renaissance Values view. We will investigate them as a group over the week. Suggested resources include the renaissance movies page on our class site, (particularly the andrew graham dixon documentaries), the late renaissance page on our class site (you will find pdfs inside the google drive folders on this page), and of course feel free to investigate other resources.
Our focus will be on how apparently contrasting Classical values and Christian values are shown in these artworks. I will explain this more in class. I look forward to seeing you all this afternoon.
Comments
Post a Comment