Kia ora art history students.
Please be on time today. Try to log in to Google and be in the Google Meet link at 2 pm or slightly before. On that note, please make sure that you have accepted the GoogleMeet invitation that was emailed to you. This is important as you need to have done this to be able to easily click into the call.
Email me if you have any problems with getting into the Meet (I can try let you into the call).
Today will look something like this:
Introductions. My pepeha
Who are you, which school do you come from, and what are you passionate about?
Checking about tech stuff. Are we able to access: class site, class blog, and G community?
Introduction to Knowledge Building. What is it, Why are we using this approach, how will it help you?
Class icebreakers https://padlet.com/philippamallins/icebreaker
Introduce another person to the class based on what you have learned about them in the icebreaker.
Online protocols: https://ah3netnz.weebly.com/class-protocol.html or https://padlet.com/philippamallins/sjv267ys2uja
Padlet: Why study art history? What draws you to it? What do you find interesting about it? what are your ideas about art? https://padlet.com/philippamallins/whatisart
Time for questions.
Make sure that you are getting stuck into the tasks I set for during the week, these will set you up for the work we do during the week and are also designed to build cohesion and connections within our community.
The first couple of weeks will have a focus on building community as this course will be largely collaborative and discussion based.
Normally I will post the outline for the upcoming week on Thursday afternoons. However, I have back to back meetings after school today so this will be coming your way tomorrow when I have a spare minute.
Please be on time today. Try to log in to Google and be in the Google Meet link at 2 pm or slightly before. On that note, please make sure that you have accepted the GoogleMeet invitation that was emailed to you. This is important as you need to have done this to be able to easily click into the call.
Email me if you have any problems with getting into the Meet (I can try let you into the call).
Today will look something like this:
Introductions. My pepeha
Who are you, which school do you come from, and what are you passionate about?
Checking about tech stuff. Are we able to access: class site, class blog, and G community?
Introduction to Knowledge Building. What is it, Why are we using this approach, how will it help you?
Class icebreakers https://padlet.com/philippamallins/icebreaker
Introduce another person to the class based on what you have learned about them in the icebreaker.
Online protocols: https://ah3netnz.weebly.com/class-protocol.html or https://padlet.com/philippamallins/sjv267ys2uja
Padlet: Why study art history? What draws you to it? What do you find interesting about it? what are your ideas about art? https://padlet.com/philippamallins/whatisart
Time for questions.
Make sure that you are getting stuck into the tasks I set for during the week, these will set you up for the work we do during the week and are also designed to build cohesion and connections within our community.
The first couple of weeks will have a focus on building community as this course will be largely collaborative and discussion based.
Normally I will post the outline for the upcoming week on Thursday afternoons. However, I have back to back meetings after school today so this will be coming your way tomorrow when I have a spare minute.
Comments
Post a Comment