Hello Art Historians.
As we get to the end of the term ( how is it that time again) I am looking to consolidate what you know and tie up any loose ends.
For me it has felt like another marathon of a term, I am curious to know what is happening in your worlds as always, how are we all?
To begin with, I would like to know specifically what is on top for you regarding our work in art history.
Hop into this link. You'll see that I have colour coded the questions for internal and external.
Side note: if you are working on the internal and would like some feedback about your writing please share this with me (even if it is just an outline or research notes) so that I am able to give some timely feedback before the hand in date - I won't be able to give detailed feedback on your writing just before the hand in, other than answering questions about the assignment (e.g. the structure, or clarifying something in the assignment doc. A wee bit of advice for the media and processes assignment, be as descriptive as possible, using art history language. e.g. the difference between 'Titian used colourful oil paint to ...' vs 'Titian used an energetic impasto technique, to apply oil paint in thick layers. He utilised a rich colour pallette in his choice of (example) (example) (example) in order to create xxxxxx atmosphere.' Try to use your words to bring the artwork to life.
Also, see what you can add to our padlet gallery of artists from the Late Renaissance to Mannerism artist prescription .
We are going to revisit Colorito, just to reinforce some of the concepts and add a bit of depth to your knowledge of this movement. I have a short presentation for you. We'll then dissect the different stylistic aspects of a Venetian painting.
Then we are going to make some resources which compare and contrast the main differences between Colorito and Disegno. Here is something I started yesterday. You can use any platform you are comfortable and familiar with. I have used Canva, but you could use Google drawings, Google slides, or something else. Anything that you can add text and images to will be fine.
This should be pithy and to the point. Just a sentence for each thing you need to talk about. This should be readable and pretty easily understood by your viewer.We will post our work for this in our Google Community.
Finally a bit of close writing exploring colorito
If there is any extra time we will have another look at the exemplars that I shared with you last week. Perhaps you could look at a different one, and see if you can pick why they got the grade that they did.
Media and Processes:
Media and Proceses Low E
Media and Processes High Merit
Style external:
Style E7 a past NetNZ student who kindly sent me photos of their script - What made the difference for this student?
Meanings external:
Meanings E7 a past NetNZ student
Meanings E7 NZQA example Why was this a low excellence?
Meanings M5 NZQA example Why was this a low merit?
Comments
Post a Comment